Event starts: 26 May 2017
Friday 26 May 2017
- Learn about Woodchester Mansion's Greater and Lesser Horseshoe Bats.
- Enjoy a talk from a member of the Gloucestershire Bat Group
- Watch the bats live on CCTV in the Bat Observatory
- See the bats leave the building at dusk.
- We will provide bat detectors to help you locate these fascinating creatures.
There will be a charge of £7.00 per person, including for children.
Please park in the National Trust car park (fee applies to non NT-members) and meet with a member of Gloucestershire Bat Group by the steps from the car park at 8.00pm. You will then walk down a woodland track through the beautiful Woodchester Park to the Mansion - about two thirds of a mile and 250ft of descent. Please wear warm clothes and stout shoes, and don’t forget to bring a torch as you will be walking up the drive in the dark. We do not provide buses on our bat walk evenings.
If you would like more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01453 861541.
Important note: booking in advance is essential. If we have not received any bookings by Wednesday 24 May this event will not take place.
Bat walks in 2017 are to be held on 26 May, 16 June, 14 July, 11 August and 8 September.